Mineral Hills Winery, named for the Mineral Hills which are located near the farm, has been a dream of ours for years. With the addition of a new barn in 2008, the winery became a reality in 2010. We are pleased to be making wine for our customers.
We had been making wine as a hobby for years (since the early 80's). Initially we made honey wine (mead). Over the years we have added apple wine, blueberry wine, grape wine and various blends. With the addition of our vineyard in 2004 and access to other vineyards (Goats Peak - Easthampton MA, UMass Cold Spring Belchertown MA and in the future a new planting in Williamsburg MA), we are making grape wines.
We are growing French American hybrid grapes and University of Minnesota developed hybrids. The varieties we grow are: reds - Frontenac, Marquette, Petite Pearl, Chamborcin, Whites - Cayuga, Itasca, Chardonel. We also make honey wine (mead), apple wine and blueberry wine. We also import vinifera grapes/juice (i.e. Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay), so we can offer wines from grapes that will not grow in our area.
For reds we have : Cabernet Sauvignon, Chambourcin, Frontenac, a sweet red (Red Hen Red) and for whites we have Chardonnay, Seyval Blanc, Cayuga and a May wine, (a Riesling infused with Sweet Woodruff). We have two fruit wines Apple wine and Wicked Blue (a blueberry wine). We also produce a blush (NoHo Blush). Since we are bee keepers, we have Mead (honey wine). We usually produce between 1300 and 1900 cases per year. You can see the full wines list with prices by selecting "Wines" from the menu on the home page of this site.
The plan is to try to appeal to everyone's taste by offering red grape wines that go from dry to sweet, white grape wines that go from dry to sweet. We have honey wine (Mead), Apple and Blueberry wines. We also have a blush (NoHo Blush) and wonderful dry red wine blend. We have a sparkling ("Pet Nat") white wine. Also once in a while we will produce an Iced Apple wine from apples from our orchard.
SHIPPING OUR WINES TO YOU:
We do ship our wines within the State of Massachusetts and to certain other states that don't require a license and fees to ship direct. Please contact us via our "contact us" page to arrange shipping and purchase. Someone 21 yrs old or older will have to sign for the wine when it arrives. At this point we have not pursued licenses in states that require them in order to ship direct to consumers.
Tasting room and Farm/Winery rules
Grounds are open during regular business hours of operation.
- 10am-5pm Wed.-Sunday: April- June and Dec.
10-6pm Daily: July –November.
Tastings: begin at 10 AM. Last tasting 30 minutes before closing time.
- Massachusetts State Law prohibits consumption of alcohol on the premise that has not been purchased at Mineral Hills Winery.
- No alcohol is allowed other than Mineral Hills Wine. MHW reserves the right to inspect all coolers. You are welcome to bring food.
- Children must be supervised by an adult (at least 18 years of age) at all times.
- Mineral Hills Winery has working guard dogs in the orchard. Please do not try to approach unless accompanied by one of the owners.
- Groups of 10 or more are asked to notify the winery at least 1 week in advance. (413-586-2575 )
- We are not responsible for personal property left at the winery.